Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Take It To The Gym

I rode the exercise cycle at the gym for 36 minutes today, and it felt pretty good. HR only got up to low recovery run numbers, but it did my legs some good to get some non-impact work.

The workout went well. I tried incline dumbbell flies after bench press, and that was an interesting change. Still, I'm making progress, and I know the weight work is helping me. The routine is reaching all the main muscle groups, and I'm slowly improving on most of the exercises. I like the fitball crunces and oblique crunches that I've substituted into the workout, and I might add one more ab/core exercise on the fitball. Today, I did have one amusing moment. I was doing seated rows, and as I pulled back on the first repetition, I felt like it was a lot more difficult than usual. I had set the machine for my usual weight, but I guess I was tired or something. Once I finished my first set, and I only was able to do 10 reps, a guy next to me asked me if I knew that the 80 lb plate was stuck to the stack that I was lifting. Well, no, I didn't, but that sure explained why it felt more difficult! After getting the weight unstuck, the second set was sure a lot easier to do.

It was a good day at the gym, another small step on the road to getting into lean, mean shape.

No comments: