Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Running [Entered 2/16/07]

Wednesday, I sneaked out in the 'Hood in the middle of the day for the last tuneup run before AT&T, 10 x 1:00 of fartlek accelerations. I set up the Garmin with all the necessary beepers, and went out sans iPod so I could hear those prompts. It was nice and cool, but lonely without the Gazelles around me.

15 minutes of easy running led into 10 x 1:00 of accelerations, with 1:00 easy jogging between. I didn't push as hard as usual, just touching around 8:00/mile during the faster bits, which was sufficient to get some turnover going with my legs. I finished off with just 6 minutes of easy jogging before calling it a day.

I scored some 5.5 miles total, with the fartlek portion averaging about 8:30/mile. It did the job, I guess, but I'm restless. I just want to get this marathon started! I did a pretty good stretching routine afterwards, and that was it.

So far, the Dr. Pepper fast isn't too bad, and I'm being much better about what I eat this week. It's all about Sunday, after all. There will be plenty of time for sugar-laden soft drinks and fried food after the race is run. :-)

No comments: