Thursday, February 01, 2007

More Alternative Training [Entered 2/5/7]

Thursday, I eschewed a recovery run (ooh, vocabulary word!), in lieu of another visit to the gym for indoor cycling (35 minutes) and a weight workout (core and legs). I was still pretty sore and stiff on Thursday, and I figured more non-impactful exercise would serve me just as well as easy miles.

I still can't get over how much 3M beat my legs up! I felt great after every other DC race this year, even the 20 miler, but 3M has left me pretty destroyed. I'm not injured or anything like that, but it's been quite an extended recovery. I suppose it's a combination of the downhll nature of the course (it's my quads that seem to have taken most of the beating) and my little finishing sprint over the last 3 downhill miles. Whatever it is, it's been slow going away.

I did good stretching after the cycling, some foam roller action to further knock out the knots in my quads, and then was careful but thorough on the leg weights. I can tell that I'm getting better and better, but soreness and stiffness is still hanging on for the time being. Whew!

No comments: