Friday, February 16, 2007

AT&T Expo

Today, I went to the marathon Expo to get all that over with so that Saturday can be as restful as possible. I waited until 3:15 or so to walk in (I know, that's only 15 minutes after it opened, but at least I didn't push my way in with the people who were standing right outside the doors 10 minutes before they opened!). Packet pickup was very smooth in the Distance Challenge pickup lanes, and then I found Frank.

We did some shopping at the RunTex central area, taking advantage of a coupon deal in the Participants magazine, saw a bunch of fellow Gazelles, and generally had a nice time of checking out things there. We caught up with Alex about halfway through the exhibitors, and both of them seemed very calm about Sunday. For a change, I might be the most keyed up of the three of us. Go figure.

I chatted with the folks at the pace group booth, and I feel even more certain that I will do better to travel with them this year. What the heck...I've tried 14 previous marathons pacing myself, so why not let someone else do the driving on Sunday? :-)

Tomorrow, we get to sleep in, and do the super easy 30 minutes and stretching ritual starting at 7:45. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone for one last time before the race kicks off on Sunday. Just 36 hours and counting!

No comments: