Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Return to the Gym [Entered 2/22]

Wednesday, I took my carcass up to Gold's to take those first post-marathon steps towards the spring running season. No running yet, but I figured I'd do some super low-resistance indoor cycling, some stretching, and then some core and upper body weights. And I did. 30 easy minutes spinning away on the cycle, enjoying the fact that my legs could do that at all, and I felt pretty darned good. I took considerable time after that, at least 20 minutes, to do most of the full stretching routine. Gently, mind you, but I eased into each new stretch, and let my legs tell me "when." By the end of the stretching, my legs felt even better. But that's all for them.

I did pretty much all the different core exercises, but only single sets of everything. After that, I did a complete upper body workout, too, doing the usual two sets of all exercises. I've decided that I need to get more focused about the gym, which really won't require that much more time. I just have to get out of my house and into the gym to accomplish this modest goal.

Having finished the last tricep extension, it was time to end the workout day. It was a nice first step.

No comments: