Tuesday, January 09, 2007

More Baby Steps

And, in a rush of miraculousness, I even went out tonight and put in some easy running. It was a dusk type run, 5.3 miles, about 46 minutes, 8:50/mile pace. HR good, legs acceptable, mission accomplished. Second run in my proposed marathon shoes, the Filas. My left quad is a little tight still, perhaps sore from the foam roller treatment this afternoon, but hopefully that will continue to improve.

Now, I wonder if Gilbert is going to call an audible for tomorrow's scheduled 16x400m workout? That would be a fun one as written, but sometimes he'll change it if he thinks everyone is too tired. I'll let you know. Saturday should be a fun tour of the new 3M half marathon course. I'm interested to find out how the modest course changes have altered the nature of the race. It's still a fast course, but it looks to me like it's a little tougher in the last couple of miles than it used to be.

No comments: