Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Two Of Us: My Run With Amy

Okay, so it's nothing more than a nice recovery 7 miler with Amy, but wasn't the title a good one? :-) The two of us had a fun and relaxing run around Town Lake on the I-35 loop, going clockwise for a change just to give us a different look at the trail. We always go the other direction, and it's amazing how a simple thing like a direction change can make that stretch of dirt seem sort of new. It was really dark when we started, and stayed that way for the whole trip. Seemed that we took about the same amount of time to start feeling loose after the mile repeats from yesterday, and from that point on, it was truly relaxing. We covered topics galore, and generally enjoyed ourselves. Once we finished, we knocked out 5 x striders, and called it a day. It was pretty nice out there, with temperatures finally back into the low 60's, and that made for a lot more pleasant experience. My HR stayed nice and low throughout, so that's a sign we were doing it right.

7.09 miles, 1:06:30, 9:23/mile. No water stops today, none needed. I stuck around and did the full stretching and chatted a while with Sean, Liliana and Gilbert. Thumbs up.

Afterwards, I dashed up (well, I drove up) to Gold's for Essential Leg Exercises, to finish off the workout day. No problems there, so I give the day an "A" to start with, anyway.

Tomorrow I'll run on my own in the 'Hood for 50 minutes or so and then will head to the gym again for core and upper body stuff. I don't want my mileage for the week to go up excessively from the last couple of 36 mile type weeks, so I don't need 7 miles on Wednesday. 5 will be plenty. Looks like a 40-45 mile week, depending on how much of a warmup/cooldown I do on Sunday around the 10 mile race, so I'll be careful.

No comments: