Thursday, October 26, 2006

Easy running [Entered 10/27]

Thursday, I just went out at dusk in the 'hood for 60 easy minutes of running. I ended up with 6.4 miles, nice and comfortable. It finished off the recovery from yesterday's fast laps, and I feel pretty good. I got in some good stretching once I got back in the house, and it was a really pleasant exercise session.

Nothing special, but all things considered, I took joy in the fact that I was able to be out there. Given the way that the week started outside of running, this run was a good opportunity to ponder life's big questions. I'm still working on those questions, but I do know that as far as running goes, I'm really in a good place. Compared to the vast majority of folks running around, I'm in pretty darned good shape. Yeah, among the fast group of Gazelles, I'm a mid-pack runner, but to the population at large, I'm a fairly fast mover. I've got to remember that sort of thing from time to time.

Saturday looks like a Bonnell day, so that'll be fun. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of that climb.

No comments: