Thursday, October 05, 2006

Simulated 2000's [Entered 10/8/06]

Scheduling didn't permit a visit on either Wednesday or Thursday to GazellesWorld, so after a day off on Wednesday, I set out in the 'Hood to simulate a workout of 4x2000m. Festooned with the usual excessive gadgetry, I cruised through an easy 20 minute warmup, just over 2 miles. Then, I moved right into a series of fartlek type acceleration periods. I did 4 x (9:00 pace / 2:00 easy jog). I covered about 5.3 miles during the 9:00/2:00 section, for an overall 8:15/mile average pace. During the faster bits, I was right at 8:00/mile. I think it was maybe harder doing the workout this way than the way we do it at Zilker, but it's difficult to actually stand around and wait for 2:00 to run out in the 'Hood, so c'est la vie. Another 15 minutes of cooldown after that finished off the morning. It turned out to be a nice, solid workout, and for a change, I didn't skate on a day when I had to do the workout on my own.

For the day, about 9 miles. Good for me. Now, maybe a gym visit on Friday?

No comments: