Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Foggy Day In Austin Town

This evening, I set out in the 'Hood for a solo tempo run. I couldn't join my fellow Gazelles this morning due to family commitments, so unfortunately, I had to do it on my own. Not as much fun, and my neighborhood is more hilly than the usual Town Lake course, but what the heck. At any rate, as dusk came and went, I headed out to see what I could do. After a relaxed mile or so at 9:30/mile pace, I just picked it up for the next four miles. Those clicked off at 7:59, 7:29, 7:27, and 7:19. 30:14 total, which is off my best by a minute and a half, but 7:34/mile average pace wasn't too bad this soon after 3M. It would have been nice to have someone to chase (or be chased by), which is usually good for a bit of acceleration, too. After I finished up the four faster miles, I just backed it down to a relaxed 9:44/mile for a last cooldown mile. I suppose this was more like a fartlek workout, but it served the purpose.

Once I got back to the house, I did some balance drills to loosen up my legs and called it a day. The weather was pretty yucky, totally foggy and misty, about 65 degrees. Tomorrow, an easy 45 minutes and a gym visit. Another day closer to Freescale...

Oh, yeah, after hearing a couple of her tunes during the run tonight, I have to wonder: Can Ani DiFranco either introduce or sing a song without uttering at least one expletive? I like most of the songs, but I'm just curious...

No comments: