Friday, February 03, 2006

Pump It Up

Today was a quick visit to the gym for a little core stuff and the full upper body workout. The new folks who've joined the gym for a New Year's Resolution are still visible, and God bless 'em for that. I hope they keep it up. I did Roman Chair stuff and planks for core exercises, and it's been a while since I've done them, it seems. Full upper body exercises went great, and next Tuesday will be the last time I do the full complement of two sets of those. Like I've said before, I'm even tapering the upper body weight work for Freescale. Anyway, it was a good visit, pretty quick, and now I just have to get ready for tomorrow's 15 mile journey on the Freescale course. I'm going to try experimenting with eating a little more before the run, waking up earlier than normal to take in some food, then going back to bed for an hour, and then going to the run. I'm hopeful that eating a couple of hours ahead of the run will boost my energy even more for the effort, even though we're running pretty easy to start with on Saturday.

No comments: