Friday, February 17, 2006

L'Expo

I'm still in the grip of Taper Madness, but that will end soon. Today was all about eating right (check), hydrating properly (check), and staying off my feet as much as possible (check). Mission accomplished. I met up with Frank at the Expo, and we toured the booths together. It's grown a lot since my first Freescale in 2003, which is good to see. I was able to get all my remaining Enervitene for the race at the Expo, and some socks and a shirt. We saw some old friends and some new friends, too, a not unexpected happening at your hometown marathon.

The weather is still the talk of the room, of course. The cool front blew in this morning, and it stayed in the low 40's all day long, overcast. It was 80 degrees yesterday afternoon. Texas weather. Looks like great weather for Sunday, so now I just gotta go and run the darned thing.

The nice perks for being in the Distance Challenge continued, with the special line to claim your packet and the free transportation on the shuttle on race morning.

I sure hope all the musical acts that are listed show up for Sunday. That would really help over those last 5 miles if all the listed acts are there. We'd have almost continuous music!

Tick, tick, tick...

No comments: