Monday, February 27, 2006

Step Right Up

Ah, yes...the first post-marathon run! A lovely 3.5 miles in the 'hood and on the water tower trail, just over 30 minutes, about 9:15 pace. It was a nice shakedown cruise to see how the legs feel, and the report was good. No aches, pains, or other maladies, and I felt really great actually. That won't change my plan to run very easily this week, but it's good to feel good. I'm glad I took the extra time off this year after the marathon. It's important to let the muscles heal at the deepest levels, not just the superficial soreness that a long race effort can cause. This is not original thinking, of course, but it's certainly the first time after a marathon that I've actually followed such advice. I'll run easy on Wednesday and Thursday, go to the gym on Tuesday and Friday, and then will join the Gazelles for a nice 7 miler on Saturday. Should be a fun week!

No comments: