Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Schedule Change

Today, I had to handle some carpooling chores, so I didn't get to do the tempo run with my fellow Gazelles this morning. I'll do that tomorrow as a "guest runner" with the Thursday gang. As for today, I went to the gym for the second half of the workout, and that's all. No running today. Might go for an easy run on Friday instead, since we're "only" going 14 on Saturday.

Gym workout started with stretching, and then core stuff. Did the floor crunches (3 varieties) and then the back raises and oblique raises on the slanted rack device. Then, upper body work. I was a little off today there, but managed to carry on well enough. Bench was tougher than usual today, for instance.

Still, I got the work in, didn't waste any time, and went on with my day.

Later, I got my tuneup massage, and Ron didn't find too many spots of tortured muscle.

Tomorrow is the tempo run with long warmup and cooldown (2 mile warmup, 2-3 miles cooldown), and as usual, I am not optimistic about how I'll do. It would be good to dip under 30:00 again, so that will be a modest goal. Hopefully, I'll get in a gym visit as well.

No comments: