Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pre-Race Preparations [Entered Sunday]

Saturday, we met on a somewhat muggy morning for the pre-race Saturday workout. Nice and easy 4 miles on the trail up to the Mopac bridge and back. My friends Jeff and Andy were in town for tomorrow's race, and they joined our crew for the festivities. The running was a joyful occasion, with lots of conversation as we moved up and back within the group to find new folks to talk with. We checked out the new signs along the trail, which are more accurate than they previously were, including some signs on the various footbridges. We averaged about 10:00 miles, so we were good boys and girls.

5x100m striders came after that, and then we did a bunch of Gilbert's balance drills, which I really enjoy. Jeff and Andy just checked that action out, and I think they were amused. The long stretching session afterwards was entertaining as well.

I think everyone is excited about Decker tomorrow, and I hope I have a good race. I'd like to run something with a pace between 8:00 and 8:15/mile, at least as fast as my Motive pace, and possibly faster, since I like the Decker course so much, despite the constant rolling hills.

No comments: