Monday, December 26, 2005

"Easy" 10 Miler

This morning, after a couple of days off from running, I joined a small group at 6:00 am for what was supposed to be an easy 10 miler. It was a little colder than we had thought, in the high 30's, but it felt pretty good once we got rolling. I ended up running most of the way with Jason, who was taking it easy. We had a nice conversation on a variety of topics as we toured the hike and bike trail. Took a few short water breaks along the way, too. We might have been the only Gazelles truly running easy this morning, though. We came in with an overall pace of 9:25/mile for 10.1 miles. Actual running pace more like 9:00/mile. Finished things off with 10 x 100m striders, and then it was time to get going. I'm glad I joined the crew this morning for this one, as I'll be running solo the next couple of days.

No comments: