Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Easy Running With Frank

I met Frank down at RunTex this morning for an easy 7 mile loop. I really enjoy these runs, because we get a chance to chat and hang out while doing the work of Gilbert's recovery days. Today was no exception. Overcast, 50 degrees, but what the heck. Richard, Carrie, Thon, and a couple of other folks also did an easy run, but I guess they took it even easier than we did. We had a one minute stop at Mopac for water, but I just let the watch run. I tallied 7.2 miles at an average 9:21/mile pace, which was just fine. Frank added a couple of miles because he had missed yesterday's run. My legs were a little tired today, but nothing big. I did minor stretching afterwards, and then bundled up to go finish my Christmas shopping (mission accomplished there!). I got a chance to talk with Shannon, Amy, and Pete as they came in from their runs, too, which made it even a better day.

Tomorrow are mile repeats, and I suppose I should try for 6 x 1 mile, since I did 5 x 1 mile the last two times at that workout. That mainly means I need to be careful on the first two repeats, in order to do the full allotment.

No comments: