Friday, December 09, 2005

GymWork [Entered 12-11-05]

I admit that I wimped out a bit yesterday in the biting cold and icy footing conditions. But, since it was just a recovery run, I'll probably be okay for missing it. Maybe I'll get out there on Sunday for an easy run just to make up the miles.

At any rate, today was a quick gym visit, hitting the high points while letting the legs rest for tomorrow's 20 mile jaunt through Austin. I did the core routine, but dropped the bookends (Roman Chair and Planks). Leg stuff was very relaxed, with just quad extensions and hamstring curls to gently work the legs, and then single position calf raises, both seated (bent leg) and straight leg. No leg press today. Then, I did the normal upper body stuff, dropping only the concentrated dumbbell chest exercises that I usually do after bench. I felt great afterward, and this was enough to just get the body worked up a bit before tomorrow's more important long run.

Now, it's time to spend the rest of the day fueling the machine for tomorrow. Another dress rehearsal for marathon race day!

No comments: