Monday, January 10, 2005

He Calls an Audible (Green, 42, Mad Dog, 18, Hut Hut Hut!)

Gilbert had called for a Progressive run today, 5 miles (or 45 minutes) easy, then 5 miles pushed progressively harder to the finish. Real Life interfered, and instead, I did the Wednesday run today, moving the progressive run to Wednesday, since the two Gazelles speed workouts are relatively easy this week. Anyway, on a muggy evening, I cruised 6.1 miles, averaging about 9:30/mile, a true HR recovery effort. About 1/3 trail, and the rest on the neighborhood streets. All systems felt good, and I'm ready for the rest of this semi-taper week, heading for the 30k race on Sunday. I'm excited and a little nervous about the 30k, nervous in a "let's get racing already!" sort of way. I may not push the progressive run quite as hard as I have in the past, since it'll be closer to the 30k race, but there will be plenty of time to recover from it before Sunday.

No comments: