Saturday, January 15, 2005

Casual Tuneup and Stretching

This morning, I got to sleep in and we started our nice and easy pre-stretching run at 8:00 am. I was sporting my newest pair of Mizuno Creations (pair #10) for their second run, as I use the shorter runs to slowly break in new shoes. I'll keep rotating the new pair and pair #9 (currently 220 miles), wearing the older shoes on longer runs, until I get the new ones to about 50-70 miles, at which point they'll become the long run shoes and the older shoes become the "off day" pair. I think Pair #10 will be the Freescale shoes, based on current mileage consumption, but we'll see.

Anyway, it was a little colder than on Thursday, but the wind was thankfully not as big a deal. Since it was so sunny, by the end of the run, I was nice and warm. Maybe too warm for racing. After today's test, I think it might be a day for shorts and a couple of shirts tomorrow.

Nice and easy 4.2 miles, average pace around 10:00/mile, as we took it very comfortably on the trail. We finished the day off with a handful of striders. The stretching session went very well, and I didn't find any new aches or pains to deal with, so things are looking up for Sunday. Gilbert talked about race strategy for a good while, encouraging us to hold something in reserve for the last 5 miles.

After picking up my race number for tomorrow at RunTex, I couldn't resist a pair of crazy camouflage running shorts that were on sale. I chatted a while with Tracy and Sean about tomorrow and our respective goals, and then I headed home. It should be quite a day tomorrow!

No comments: