Monday, December 06, 2004

Weekly Stats:

Despite some muscle soreness and slightly scary stiffness, I had a good and productive week last week. 5 runs, about 37 miles. A PR 20k race on a tough, hilly course led the way. Then, a circuit workout and a fartlek tuneup run, a stridefest on Monday, and a nice easy run on Saturday before the usual stretching session. This week, we have another 20+ mile run on Saturday, and some solid speedwork as well. Today is a nice easy recovery run, which I'll do later today. My legs feel pretty darned good after yesterday's exertions, so I hope the easy run today helps the process of flushing out the junk in my legs. It will be nice to be able to train without racing for a while. The cumulative stresses of long runs alternating with hilly, long races have taken a toll on all of us, but we are stronger for it.

No comments: