Friday, December 03, 2004

Grumble, grumble...

Today is a scheduled off day, which I needed. After some extra stretching last night on my hamstrings and quads/flexors, I woke up this morning feeling better. My hamstring stiffness was basically gone away, as was any residual discomfort in my right calf. However, my left quad is still troublesome, which worries me a bit, since that is how my hip flexor / psoas injury presented back in May. I've done some ice/cold therapy on it today, and some gentle stretching from my post-injury rehab routine. Hopefully, it will feel even better tomorrow for the easy warmup run with the Gazelles, and the full stretching routine will help finish it up. I think ice and cold therapy will still be the rule tomorrow after I get back (and in between Christmas tree decorating and climbing up and down the stairs into the attic to get all the boxes down ). I'm hoping that today and tomorrow will give the leg a chance to heal itself pretty well, and then I'll go after Decker in a big way. Race goals for Decker will be solidified tomorrow, but I hope to do about the same pace at Decker as I did at Motive, overall, or 8:37/mile. If I get in faster than that, it'll be great, but I'd be satisfied with that sort of pace.

No comments: