Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Circuit

Pretty uneventful workout. Another crisp clear morning, about 50 degrees throughout. My legs felt pretty good after yesterday's 10 mile pace run, but it took a half mile or so to get going with the gang. After drills, we were off for circuit training, with 800m easy running between exercise segments. I intended to do 4 x circuit, but Gilbert stopped me after 400m of my last running bit and had me join the rest of the folks for "fast feet." I suppose that takes the place of the circuit exercises, and it was a burner, but I was a little let down that I didn't get to do what I intended. After the fast feet (2 x 1:00 of, well, fast feet churning in place ), Frank, Sean and I did the cooldown run back to RunTex, enjoying the morning.

I stayed afterwards and did pretty much the whole stretching routine with Alex and Liliana, and I think that will prove to be a good thing.

It was a pleasant day at the running office, about 5.5 miles total at average of 9:18/mile, with 3 sets of circuit exercises in the middle there (pushups, stepups, crunches, back extensions, "superman" jumps (a plyometric sort of thing), and deep lunges).

No comments: