Friday, December 31, 2004

December and 2004 Year End Numbers:

My highest mileage month, ever. 187 miles, 19 runs. Just amazing that I'm at this point after moping through June and July rehabbing from a strained/torn psoas muscle. Totals for 2004 are 1,238 miles, 172 runs. Both of those are lifetime bests by a large margin. I am very pleased with where I am right now with my running, and I'm looking forward to 2005, both for specific goal races and for generally continuing to improve.

I'm blessed to have been given what genetic gifts I possess, and further blessed to have found such a great group of people to train with this year. Taking the plunge and joining Gilbert's Gazelles has made such a profound difference in my specific running performance and my general attitude about my running hobby that I cannot overemphasize it. Gilbert is a truly fine coach, and in his gentle way, he encourages us to maximize our potential and to continue to stretch our performance envelope. Plus, he is one of the most inspiring guys I've met. My fellow Gazelles have also been a constant source of support inside and outside the workouts that we share. This has been a fabulous running year, and I can't wait for what 2005 will bring me!

No comments: