Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Tiny Ladders To The Sky

Wow, that's a pretty poetic title! Today was the little reverse ladder interval workout at Austin High School. In my case, three sets of 600m, 400m, and 200m intervals with 200m jogs between and then a 2:00 rest between sets. I found my way to a new pace group, and we clicked off our intervals at a pretty constant 8:00/mile sort of pace. That's my race pace from January's 3M Half Marathon, which is pretty humbling. I have a long way to go to get back to that sort of racing.

At any rate, the workout went much better than the circuits on Monday, and even my cooldown run back to RunTex was of a much higher quality than Monday. Slowly, it gets better. For the record, it took the entire warmup time and drills before my sore and stiff legs felt like something other than board-like attachments to my otherwise human body. :-)

Thanks to Eric and my pace posse from this morning for letting me join their crew!

Cross-training today included lawn mowing and edging once I got home. Woo hoo!

No comments: