Monday, May 04, 2009

Circuitry (a Gazelle returns...)

Man, I'm out of shape! Well, I'm in a shape, but that shape is blobular, and I've got work to do.

This morning, I finally got out there to rejoin the herd after quite a long hiatus. Circuit training was on the training menu, and there were a lot of Gazelles coming back this morning as well. Courtney, Frank and Brad sneaked in, and it was funny to see Gilbert's expression as he noticed all of us sort of hiding behind people before the workout started.

The warmup was just fine and dandy, the drills left me a bit winded, and then it was time to get going. I got through three circuits of the usual stuff, and started on the fourth circuit. After that, it was time for "extra stuff," and it was hard! For me, at least. We did lots of hopping, which always gets me. Then, it was time for the 15/30/45/90 ab deal, and I hung in there okay on that. The hardest one is at 45 degrees. Aiiieeeeee! We finished off with Fast Feet, and I barely made it through that. I think my HR was somewhere above 1,000 bpm in there. :-)

I had to sit down for a while after all that, and then trundled back to RunTex as a solo act. I caught up with Eric on the way, and we made a little team as we pushed each other back to the house. Almost literally pushed. Almost.

So, it was very nice to get back out and start the journey back to running shape. There were quite a few people who chatted with me, and I remember now why I love the Gazelles so much. As I've said many times, you join the Gazelles for Gilbert and the workouts, but you stay because of the other members of the herd. Once again, I found this to be true.

Now, I just have to do my running, restart (for the umpteenth time) some sort of gym workouts or core work, and eat a little better. Gee, sounds like no big deal! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Browsing the Gazelle page perhaps for a nudge to get back to training- so nice to see a Jay post- congrats on your return to the herd!
Sue

Jay said...

Thanks, Sue. Come on back, yourself, and we can start rebuilding our pace pod!