Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More Economics

I found out today that my dry cleaners actually cuts hours for their workers during the summer months because there is less dry cleaning to be done. This doesn't sound entirely logical to me, but I suppose with vacations and school being out (teachers not needing their "school clothes?"), the customer base is smaller. Still, this fact surprised me. You learn something every day, if you keep your ears and eyes open. :-)

Yeah, I ran a little...a big 25 minutes and 2.5 miles, just to restart the Tuesday recovery run. I wasn't sore at all after yesterday's circuits, so either it was an easier workout than usual, or I'm in very slightly better shape. I'll go with the easier workout theory. :-)

Also did some cross training by mowing the yard, so it was a big day.

I finished Lawrence Block's "Small Town" yesterday, and I had a fun time reading it. There was a fair amount of pretty kinky behavior among the characters, so be aware of that, but the main story was pretty fun to work through regardless. It's a murder mystery / psycho killer sort of book, but there is a great deal of humor and some interesting characters while you're figuring out WhoDunIt. Recommended if you're into the genre (but beware of the sex if you're of a sensitive nature :-) ).

No comments: