Thursday, June 29, 2006

Running Through the 'Hood

Tonight, I finally got out and did the Thursday recovery run, for the first time in a few weeks. I had a really good time out there. Took off about 8:00 pm, and it got nicer and nicer as the sun went down. I kept peeking at the HR monitor when I felt myself speeding up, and eased back whenever I saw the HR creeping above my recovery rate number. That worked great to keep me in check, and I had fun just listening to tunes and cruising along. I ran for the second time in the new Fila Providence ii shoes, which admittedly look a little like golf shoes in their color scheme. Looks notwithstanding, they are some really comfy shoes. They're lighter than my Mizuno Creations, and it's a nice change to alternate the two different kinds of shoes. The Creations are still my go-to shoes for long runs, but the Filas are getting better with each generation.

The stats for tonight are 6.5 miles, 58 minutes, 8:56/mile. It wasn't that long ago that that was my 10k race pace. Amazing what happens when you (a) have a great coach, and (b) actually do what the coach asks you to do. :-)

No comments: