Friday, June 23, 2006

And A Kick Save! The Week's Exercise Routine Lives!

Too dramatic? Yeah, probably. Anyway, after being sluggish yesterday, I got to Gold's today to finish off the exercise gym visits for this week. Since I skipped yesterday (and once again skipped the Thursday recovery run...), I had to make up for it today. So, keeping in mind that we have Mountain Bonnell tomorrow morning, I started off this afternoon with 15 minutes on the LifeCycle, random program, level 10 (halfway). That went great, and my legs did feel much better after I had spun for a while.

Then, I set out to hit the high points of the full body workout. Yesterday was supposed to be legs and core, today was supposed to be core and upper body. So, what did I do?

Core:
Roman Chair straight leg lifts (up to 2 x 12 on these...I hate them, but they are good for me)
Roman Chair knee lifts (ditto)
Floor crunches (finally up to 2 x 30 on these)
Floor leg extensions (ditto)
Floor "Jan" crunches
Back Rack raises
Back Rack Oblique raises (with 10 lbs in hand)

Legs (just enough to stimulate the legs without wearing them out):
Quad extensions 2x15 @ 40 lbs
Hamstring prone curls 2x15 @ 40 lbs (nice and easy)
Seated calf raises 2x15 @ 70 lbs.

Upper body:
Bicep curls 2x15 @ 50 lbs
Bench press 1x12 @ 85 lbs, 1x8 @ 95 lbs (woo hoo! Back up to 95 lbs, finally)
Seated rows 2x12 @ 80 lbs
Tricep pulldowns 1x15 @ 35 lbs, 1x12 @ 40 lbs

All in all, a tidy little workout. I don't feel nearly as bad as I did after skipping everything yesterday. I just need to figure out the magic nudge to get that Thursday back into the weekly routine. Everything else is going just fine.

Now, it's time to rest up for Bonnell. Should be fun!

No comments: