Friday, June 09, 2006

Gyminy Cricket

Okay, the bad "Gym" titles may have gone too far today... Today was the "just a gym workout" day of my workout week, which is usually pretty fun. I started off with core exercises, and added reps to the oblique raises (to 2 sets of 25), and added Alex's medicine ball twists, too. Those were pretty cool. Per Alex's suggestion, I did the twists using a regular fitball instead of a medicine ball, to start. I arbitrarily chose 45 seconds, and did two sets at 45 seconds of twists each. Next time, I'll see if I can do as much using the smallest medicine ball.

The upper body stuff went really great. Bench press was much smoother than usual, so I think I may finally be back on track with that particular exercise, and may be able to move up in weight after next week. Dumbbell flies went fine, and then I moved up in weight on lat pulldowns to the amount that I was using back in February (90 lbs), so that's come back pretty quickly. I even moved up in reps on the tricep pulldowns, so the upper body workout was my best since I started back in the gym a few weeks ago.

Pleasantly tired, I was done for the day, and now it's time to hydrate a little for tomorrow's warm Scenic run. I've almost finished reloading all the software that I had used previous to the big computer meltdown on Monday, so except for the data that was lost, things are more or less back to normal on the electronic front. I'm mostly upset that some audio home recordings that I did have been lost. I had backups on some projects from 2000 and 2001, but the stuff since then is gone. That bites. Backup your computer data, my friends!

No comments: