Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Misty Morning Run

With alternating rain, mist, and other assorted humid weather, eight of us had some fun this morning on our 7 mile recovery run. It was all good running, with lots of talk back and forth about topics hither and yon. We puzzled over soccer, yellow cards and the art and science of diving in mortal injury when you get nudged. We laughed about the fact that we were out in this weather. We learned more random facts about our respective lives. A typical recovery run. We made a few water stops, totalling about 3 minutes, and even with that, we ended up with a shade under 7 miles at 9:30 pace. My HR monitor showed that we stayed in a comfortable range of pacing for most of the run, so we did a good job. No strides today, but most of us stayed around for a full stretching session. Once Alex and the rest of the Tuesday group returned from circuit training, I chatted with them for a while as the rain came down much harder.

Alex finally decided it would be a good idea to head to the office, so I took that cue to get up to Gold's for an overdue workout.

Gym-m-m-m-m-m-m-m

I had yet another attack of the sleepy sickness while sitting in my car outside the gym, but recovered quickly enough, and got to work. I did just the floor exercises for core stuff, but did the full set of leg exercises on this recovery day. Once I got started, it was a good workout, and as usual, the leg weights will help finish off my recovery process from yesterday's exertions. Tomorrow will be challenging, with 2000m repeats, but it should be okay if I stick with 3 repeats.

No comments: