Monday, September 26, 2005

Ugh!

Well, this morning, my schedule didn't allow me to go to RunTex for the pace run. I intended to go out after the kids got on the bus, and do a 2 EZ / 5 pace type run in the 'Hood. By the time they left, though, it was already over 80 degrees, and I just was totally not inspired to get out in the big heat to come. So, I was a bad person and I skipped this workout. As it turned out, it was 108 degrees yesterday afternoon, the hottest day of the year, and today, it was an ovenlike 107 degrees when I went to pick up the kids at school. It was just awful. We've been pretty lucky with the weather all summer, really, but these last two days have been really bad. The weather report promises a break on or about Wednesday, but I'll believe that when it happens. Tomorrow is a return to the Tuesday/Thursday group for 3-5 x 1600m. I presume that's on the track, but until I get there in the morning, I won't know for sure.

No comments: