Tuesday, September 06, 2005

...And a Recovery run, too!

Will wonders never cease? I even did the prescribed recovery run this evening, after the gym workout. I used the HR monitor to keep me honest, and really took it easy for the 32 minutes and change that I ran. Ended up just under 10:00 miles, truly easy running, HR really loafing along, and the whole effort felt like nothing, which is how it's supposed to feel. Over the coming weeks, I'll slowly build this Tuesday run up to the 7 miles that Gilbert has the fall marathoners scheduled for. Today, a nice and easy 3.26 miles, mostly on the trail in the nature preserve behind the 'Hood. Fun running where there aren't any cars.

The iPod provided some more inspired moments of sequencing: Bruce Springsteen's "Independence Day" followed by Emmylou Harris singing "To Daddy." Two songs of leaving family behind. I also got the Rolling Stones doing "The Last Time" followed by Dwight Yoakum's "Ain't That Lonely Yet." Those are both songs relating to the girl leaving, but the guy putting up a brave front about the whole deal. It seemed like the songs that popped up on Shuffle this evening were all relatively laid-back songs, too, as if the machine sensed the type of workout that was happening. Before you say I'm crazy, I realize that the iPod is not a sentient being, but sometimes...

No comments: