Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Real Gym Of A Workout

Tuesday is Gym Day on my workout calendar, and this was no exception. No cycle warmup today, but I did good stuff elsewhere. I added reps to pretty much all the core stuff, after finding out yesterday morning that I could do more than 25 at a time. Complete leg routine, keeping the weights to a level that allowed smooth exercise there. On upper body, I added a few pounds to get to 80 lbs on bench press, which is still pretty low, but it was nice to get back to where I was back in June when I last was consistent with gym workouts. I'm looking forward to the day that I get to 95 pounds, with a 25 pounder on each end of the bar. Maybe in a month...

So, nothing truly exciting, really, but I did fight off a small case of "Gee, do I really want to go to the gym?" to get there today. Tomorrow is the 4 mile tempo run, and again I expect to be in last place amongst the marathon group, but I can still strive to run a good tempo.

No comments: