Thursday, September 22, 2005

Easy Run [Entered 9/24/05]

What with all the Rita stuff, I've neglected to update the blog for a few days. Schade. Thursday, I went out in the morning here in the 'Hood, and knocked out 60 minutes of easy recovery running, 6.2 miles. About half and half trail and road, and it was quite uneventful. I felt pretty good, even after yesterday's tempo run/race, which was encouraging. A little stretching afterwards hit the spot, too. One thing I don't do when I run easy in the neighborhood is strides after the run. I just feel a bit self-conscious about running up and down the block with that exaggerated form.

Today, my sister and mother both worked most of the day at the evacuation shelter in Lufkin at their church (my sister came up from Houston on Wednesday afternoon), and it was obviously a moving experience for them. I hope the storm spares my little home town.

No comments: