Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weekly Stats and Stuff (May 16-22):

For the week, I finally have gotten back on schedule, after a week following the Indy Mini where I was pretty much without the desire to exercise. This week, 4 runs, 30 miles, one visit to the gym. Did the core exercises (post-run) after 2 of those runs (and why would I do them after the trail race, anyway?). One fun trail race, a solid 10.6 mile long run, and two Gazelles speedwork sessions to get back into the swing of things. A good exercise week, and I'm pretty happy about that.

Next week, the schedule calls for a couple of gym workouts and four runs, including the Wilke hill repeats, a short recovery run or two, and a medium long run while vacationing.

"Revenge Of The Sith"

We caught the last Star Wars flick yesterday with the family. I asked my Jedi Master, Yoda, to review the film for you. "Long, the movie was! Silly at times, the dialogue was! Powerful, the Dark Side is! Brave, Samuel L. Jackson and Jimmy Smits were, to tackle their lines!"

I give it a "Thumbs Up," for sheer bravura film-making. It is unbelievable looking, and the action scenes are awesome. Plenty of opportunities to slip out of the theater for snacks during some of the yacky parts in the middle of the film. I place it in my personal list of the Top Three Star Wars films, behind both "Empire Strikes Back," the hands down winner in my book, and the first Star Wars film, Episode IV, where we met the whole gang way back in 1977. "Return of the Jedi" gets downgraded for the stupid Ewoks, but is otherwise a pretty good film, too, coming in right behind "...The Sith."

No comments: