Monday, May 23, 2005

Breaking News!!! Podium Finish at the Maze 10K Trail Run!

The results were finally posted for yesterday's 10K trail run (for results), and it looks like I finished 3rd in the Male Masters division. How cool is that?! I think I get a visor or something... I've grown so accustomed to all the fast runners in my age group that I sometimes skip out on the awards ceremonies, and I didn't find out about this until today.

Before you make a sarcastic comment, there were indeed more than 3 Masters Male runners in the race. I think I counted 21 in the division. :) This is the first time I've ever finished "in the money" in a race, so I'm pretty excited. I guess you could tell.

I finished 37/124 overall in the 10k. Looks like some Gazelles took home some hardware in the 30k, too. Ivi Kerrigan finished 2nd female in the 30k (and 16/134 overall), and I'm sure there are others that I didn't recognize right away. Those 30k folks are awesome. It warmed to well over 80 by the time even the faster 30k people were finishing up. 21 people didn't finish the 30k, so it got tough late in that race, for sure (there were 155 starters, 134 finishers).

No comments: