Sunday, May 01, 2005

Sunday At The Gym

Today, I spent a fair amount of this afternoon in the gym, doing the full extended version of the workout routine. It took a while, a little over 2 hours, but it sure felt good to get all that work in. 30 minutes on the cycle to warm up, watching the NBA playoffs on one of the screens in front of me. The gym was fairly empty, since it was such a pretty day outside. No doubt, Alex is out on his bike on some sort of long mountainous "recovery" bike ride.

It was a good long workout, and I was glad to have done it. That full battery of ab/core stuff takes a while to do, but it's worth it. At any rate, it was probably the last long gym workout before Indy. I'll go on Tuesday, but it will be a slightly abridged visit, leaving out some leg stuff to help recovery for Saturday's race. Tomorrow, I get to join the 9:00 Gazelles for my easy 1000m repeats at half marathon pace, just 3 of them.

No comments: