Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Evening Running

Another Tuesday night, another easy recovery run. I got a massage today, the first in quite a while, and there were a good number of sore spots that Ron found as he worked my legs over. I got a clean bill of running health, though. No knots or anything like that, just some soreness to work out. That's to be expected after a hard half marathon on Sunday. I'm getting back on my regular massage schedule, too, now that the miles are starting to pile up a little. For me, massage is a preventative measure...something to add to the recovery run/gym/stretching maintenance toolkit.

The run tonight was really nice. The weather was muggy, but that promises to change yet again tonight as a windy front comes through. I did a great job on keeping the HR nice and low, and my legs felt great after the first half mile. I ended up with 5.2 miles at 9:08/mile pace. That's just what the doctor ordered, so to speak.

Tomorrow, I get to simulate the 4x2000m repeat workout here in the 'Hood. That won't be as much fun as doing it with the herd, but scheduling will prevent me from getting down there at 5:45 tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can hook up with some folks on Thursday morning for a recovery run around Town Lake.

No comments: