Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day & Easy Running

Tonight, I had another nice recovery effort cruising through the 'Hood. I got in some distance on the water tower trail, too. It was light enough to see the dirt trail clearly, and except for trying to spook myself by seeing or hearing things in the woods, it was fun running. I really felt great tonight, and my legs responded well after yesterday's hard running. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. Just over 5.5 miles at a relaxed 9:05/mile pace. I do these more or less by HR, checking the HR if I feel like I'm starting to press, and adjusting accordingly. It all worked out tonight, that's for sure.

As for Election Day, I did get out and vote, although I'm not a serious political animal. I do think it's interesting that the American People seem to be telling Government that they want changes in the way things are being done. Now we'll see if that's what happens when the new Congresss and state governments take their seats in January. The Guv withstood the multi-party assault on his job here, so for another 4 years (or whatever the governor's term is), we've got a runner in charge of Texas, at least. :-)

No comments: