Thursday, March 02, 2006

Back In The Saddle

Tonight, I went out for the first back-to-back run since Freescale, a intentionally easy paced 30 minutes or so. I ended up going just over 32 minutes, 3.4 miles, 9:24 pace. Mission accomplished. Everything felt just great. The best part about tonight's run, though, was late in the run, when I was just enjoying the setting sun and the sound of my footfalls, and I came upon a neighbor that I've not met before, who was coming the other way. She looked at me and said, "You make that look so easy!" I thanked her for those kind words, and moved on, but that was really cool. I've spent most of my running life thinking I was a stodgy runner lacking in grace, and here a stranger told me that maybe I was wrong about myself. Or, maybe it's just all that form work with Gilbert that's showing. Whatever, it made my night. I'm looking forward to the relaxed 7 miler on Saturday!

No comments: