Thursday, May 25, 2006

GymTastical Stuff

Wednesday, and another gym visit for my second round of leg weights (and Core stuff). I started with some stretching, because I was feeling fairly stiff today. Then, it was on to exercise. Well, okay, there was this one distraction... There were two young ladies stretching, working out, and/or talking on their phones in the floor exercise area, but I did indeed get onto my routine. It was really sort of funny to watch the male "watchers" check the two women out over and over. I'm still not sure if they were really doing anything other than hanging out and chatting together while wearing their workout gear (the girls, not the guys). Okay, enough of the ancillary stuff...

At any rate, that core stuff was more difficult today! I bumped everything up to two sets, but there was some significant soreness to work out. It's coming back, but I can tell that I'm still catching up with former levels of core fitness. Leg weights were pretty close to where I was when I was more of a regular to the gym, but that's to be expected, since I have been running, of course. It was a productive workout. I'll get out tonight for my recovery run, and that makes for a great exercise week so far. Judging from how I feel today, though, I bet my upper body is going to be angry with me by tomorrow. Should be interesting...

No comments: