Friday, May 26, 2006

Gymnasium Doin's

The end of the gym visits for the week came and went today. I went up to Gold's and started with a super easy 8 minutes on the cycle just to spin the legs for a while. After that, I did the floor exercises and back/oblique stuff on the "rack." Those are getting easier, which is a good sign. The upper body stuff started well, with a full couple of sets on the bicep curls. On bench, however, I think I just ran out of gas, and after a good first set at only 85 lbs, I just was able to do a handful of reps at 95 lbs. That will get better. Today just wasn't a bench day, I guess. Dumbbell incline press was next, and I wobbled those up for two complete sets. Seated rows were surprisingly okay, and then I finished things off with the tricep pulldowns. I'm still away from where I was before Freescale, but it's coming back. I ended up with that pleasant muscle burn that the gym usually delivers, and headed out for the rest of this easy day. The kids are out of school, so we'll do some stuff and have some fun.

Tomorrow is probably my favorite road running route in town, the Scenic loop. The Mt. Bonnell route is basically this route with the addition of the mountain assault, so Bonnell is certainly on my list of favorite routes, too. No Bonnell tomorrow, though. Scenic is 11-12 miles of rolling hills. I will not be going for a "fast finish" to the run (I'll start that back in June), but it should still be fun to cruise around town with the gang.

No comments: