Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Finally, GymStuff...

I finally wrestled myself to the gym today, and hopefully, I'll stay on the program from here on. I did core stuff and then leg weights today. With the leg stuff, I did full sets of everything, but slightly reduced weight on some of them, as I find my way back into the swing of things there. For the core stuff, I did single sets of some of the exercises, and I had to reduce the time on each plank exercise, but I did do two sets of the planks. All in all, I'll give it a "B." Tomorrow, it's upper body, where I'm sure I'll find the most decline in ability, and I'll also do the core exercises I skipped today (the back raises and oblique raises) as well as the floor exercises. It'll be interesting to see how much, if any, these leg exercises impact my ability to do the 400's tomorrow morning. The gym was packed, by the way. Except for a holdup at the standing calf raise machine, though, I didn't have any trouble getting through my workout.

Oh, I mentioned "Baby, It's You" on the Saturday long run report. Turns out, the original was by The Shirelles. The version I was thinking of was a cover done in 1969 by a group called "Smith," which is the best version of the tune. It's worth checking out.

No comments: