Tuesday, May 30, 2006

EZ Running

The Tuesday Recovery Running Club reconvened this morning for our 7 mile loop. It was actually a couple of degrees cooler than over the weekend, but it was still humid enough that we were all pretty well drenched upon completion of our little cruise. We had a big crew today, with Frank, Jan, Brad, Amy, Emily, Brian and me. It was low stress easy running, and we had some fun. A couple of water stops added three minutes or so to the run, but even with the stops included, we averaged a respectable 9:38/mile for the loop. It felt good to me, that's for sure. The group morphed forward and back, and it seems like we all had a turn at the front and back of the pack, as well as conversational opportunities with pretty much everyone as we rolled along. We saw Shannon running the opposite way with her dog while we were out there, too.

Jan, Brad and I did 4 x 100m striders on the grass at Auditorium Shores, and my legs really felt good. I'm happy about that. Afterwards, there was chatting with lots of folks, including Alex, who had just finished his favorite workout of all the Gazelles library, Wilke. He was beaming. I don't think I look like that after Wilke. :-)

The running done, I put on a dry shirt and headed to the gym for the Tuesday workout.

GymStuff

I finished off my Powerade and a Clif Bar on the way to Gold's, and then got right into the day's exertions. This was the heavier core exercise day, with the dreaded Roman Chair stuff and the planks, as well as the floor exercises. I still haven't boosted up the reps and/or time of any of those, but it was still a challenging workout. It's coming back to me, though. The leg weights went very smoothly, and I think by next week I may add weight to a couple of the exercises there.

As an exercise doubleheader, this went very well today. Now, all I have to do is get psyched up for the Tempo Race/Run tomorrow morning...

No comments: