Monday, July 25, 2005

Swannanoa Trail Running [Entered 8/5/05]

Monday morning, we got out there early for our first Swannanoa trail run. Just as we got started, around 6:20am, we saw our friend Rich crossing the footbridge, so we hurried to catch him for the rest of the run. We had a really pleasant run, with Rich leading the way on the Suicide Ridge trail loops. We ended up doing 3 loops of the trail, and then I added a loop of campus once I got back, waiting for Jeff, who had done an additional trail loop. For me, it was 55 minutes, about 6 miles total. Weather was nice and cool, but it was sure humid.

I felt great this year doing these runs, especially since last year, I was still recovering from my injury, and was unable to really enjoy the simple act of running as much as I did this year. Many stories were told and heard during the run, especially once we got past the really steep initial entry to the Ridge trail.

No comments: