Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Easy Run & Gym [Entered 7/7]

Wednesday, I went out early and did a very relaxed 40 minutes in my neighborhood. No GPS, just a HR monitor to keep my pace in true recovery mode. I'm guessing I did just over 4 miles, but that's just a guess. It felt good to just let the legs do their thing and work out some of the stiffness from yesterday's Circuit Extravaganza.

Afterwards, I went to the gym and did pretty much everything I should do. I did all the ab/core stuff on my list, leg extensions and hamstring curls and calf raises for the legs, and a few upper body exercises for effect. It was a good workout. On the iPod during the gym portion of the festivities, I had it on "shuffle," and was amused at some of the odd musical shifts. The best was when it went from Jimi Hendrix ("Hey Joe") to the Monkees ("Mary Mary"). Since Hendrix opened for the Monkees on one of his first American tours, it was actually historically correct. At least that amused me... :)

No comments: