Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rested and Ready, Back to the Gym

Finally, I got a full night's sleep last night, which was welcome after yesterday's somnolent stumbling through the 2000m repeats. After some errands and stuff with the kids, I escaped in the afternoon for a quick gym workout. 20 minutes on the cycle for warmup today, and it felt really easy. I ought to go up a level next time. I did the full ab/core and upper body routines, and scandalously skipped all leg exercises today. Just wasn't inspired to do those. I did a good job on the other stuff, though.

It was a good workout, and I got to do more people watching. Today, I was there later than usual, and I got to see more of the after-work crowd streaming in. As always, there were plenty of folks in there to do sets of 3 repetitions of heavy stuff, just to pump themselves up for spectators. The guy who pounded the treadmill to death last time got there as I was finishing up, too. Bam, bam, bam, bam!

I'm looking forward to a snappier workout tomorrow on the track, doing 1000m repeats.

No comments: