Friday, June 17, 2005

Birthday Visit to the Gym

Today's my birthday (along with Barry Manilow and Venus Williams...now that's a weird trio!), so I started celebrating by going to the gym for a solid workout. Well, hey, I had to go to test out how the new Mini iPod was going to work, didn't I? I loaded it up with a bunch of stuff and went to Gold's for strength training. They're doing some work there, so I had to use a different brand of stationary bike, but still warmed up for 21 minutes there.

Just as I started my ab stuff, I saw Joseph from Gazelles, and we exchanged pleasantries. It's good to see Joseph in the gym, and I think it's making a difference in his running. He's really been picking up the pace these last few weeks! As for me, I did the full ab/core stuff, then finally did leg exercises again and skimped a tiny bit on the upper body stuff to fit my timeframe (I left out the extra chest exercises with dumbbells). All in all, a good workout, and a lot more well-rounded in covering all the physical bases than usual.

The iPod? It worked great. It was nice to listen to the music I wanted to hear as opposed to the dance/electronica that seems to be blaring over the gym's sound system. No, I won't use it while running, as the rhythm of music messes me up while on the trail. The rest of the day is for hanging out with the kids and resting up for tomorrow's hilly 10 miler over a new course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Tiger!

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.