Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's Gym-Tastic!

Okay, that's a lame heading. Sue me. After quite a long layoff from the gym (2 weeks!), I returned to Gold's this afternoon for a workout. Warmup on cycle 18 minutes, just to get the body started. I did the full ab portion of the festivities, and surprisingly was right on target there. I skipped the leg weights today, due to the tempo run tomorrow (and due to the fact that I've not done the leg stuff in quite a while, so I'll get back to that on the next gym visit). I was slightly pressed for time today, so that's the choice I made. The upper body stuff went very well, too, and I was actually able to boost my numbers on a couple of exercises. The dumbbell flies after the bench press were really tough, since I bumped up 5 pounds to 20 lbs. on that exercise.

Still, it was a good visit to the land of Iron and Stationary Locomotion. As usual, I vow to get back with the consistent program. For some reason, perhaps the 95 degree afternoons we've been enjoying here in Austin, I've struggled to get motivated so far in June. It might also be the fact that there is no immediate racing goal to act as a carrot for me. Hmmmm...well, I've got my leg of the Silicon Labs marathon relay on July 4th, and I don't want to be the weakest link on our team, and then there's a 5k in North Carolina in late July when I go over for guitar camp. Perhaps I should set some outrageous goals for those two races and use that as motivation?

Enough psychobabble. Tomorrow's tempo run (a/k/a Time Trial) should be interesting. It's been a while since I've done one. Hopefully, I'll finish in a solid time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which Gold's do you go to?